This recipe for homemade enchilada sauce uses simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. It takes just minutes to prepare and makes enough sauce for several meals.
- chili powder (we recommend Mexene chili powder)
- olive oil ( we recommend Texana Olive EVOO)
- tomato sauce
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- vegetable stock
- To make the homemade enchilada sauce, combine the chili powder, flour, and olive oil in a medium pot. Whisk and wait until it's brown.
- Slowly whisk in the tomato sauce, vegetable stock, and garlic powder. Whisk until it starts to thicken.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.