INSPIRED BY: THERECIPECRITIC.COM/RECIPE
This recipe for homemade enchilada sauce uses simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. It takes just minutes to prepare and makes enough sauce for several meals.
- chili powder (we recommend Mexene chili powder)
- olive oil ( we recommend Texana Olive EVOO)
- tomato sauce
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- vegetable stock
- To make the homemade enchilada sauce, combine the chili powder, flour, and olive oil in a medium pot. Whisk and wait until it's brown.
- Slowly whisk in the tomato sauce, vegetable stock, and garlic powder. Whisk until it starts to thicken.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.