INSPIRED BY: WWW. FOODNETWORK.COM/RECIPE
- 1 (28-ounce) can baked beans
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp mesquite salt or according to taste (recommended: mesquite smoked salt)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup real bacon pieces
- 5 slices center cut bacon
- Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat.
- In a bowl, stir to combine beans, mustard, mesquite salt, brown sugar, and bacon pieces.
- Pour bean mixture into 8-inch cast iron skillet. Cover beans with bacon slices. Cook on covered grill for 30 minutes.
- INDOOR: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare beans as directed and pour into a 2-quart oven proof casserole. Bake in oven 35 to 40 minutes or until beans have thickened and are bubbling.