Inspired by Mexene.com/recipes
- 1 lb ground beef, ground venison or ground turkey
- 2 cups: canned beans such as red kidney beans or pinto beans or prepare your favorite dry beans such as Anasazi Beans or Bolita Beans.
- 3 regular size cans of Mexican-style stewed tomatoes (any brand)
- 1/4 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons classic Mexene Chili Powder
- Optional: 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine (added during the final 1-2 hours of cooking)
- Optional: add small amount of water or tomato juice for thinner consistency
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste.
- Brown meat and drain off drippings, if desired.
- Add all ingredients and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours.
- Add red wine during final 1-2 hours of cook time.