If you're in the mood for a warm and comforting bowl of soup, look no further than this delicious chicken tortilla soup recipe. Packed with bold flavors and easy to prepare, it's perfect for a cozy night in or to impress dinner guests. Let's dive into what makes this recipe so special.
Tortilla Soup Mix by Soup of Success
This Tortilla Soup Mix is a delicious blend that makes it easy to add Mexican flair to any soup or casserole dish. The blend's simple instructions make the process quick and easy. So, whether you're looking for a fresh new way to prepare your favorite foods or want to try out a new recipe, Spicy Tortilla Soup Mix is the perfect addition to your pantry!
Learn how to create chicken tortilla soup entirely from scratch with our easy-to-follow recipe!
Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 1 bag of spicy tortilla soup mix
- 1 seasoning packet (included in the bag of tortilla soup mix)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 12-16 oz. chicken breast, cooked, chopped
- options for toppings: 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, diced avocado, hot sauce, tortilla chips
Chicken Tortilla Soup Mixing Instructions
- Remove the seasoning packet from the bag.
- Put chicken broth, beef broth, and contents of seasoning packet in a large. pot on medium - high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add in contents of soup bag and tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer for 18-20 mintues, stirring occassionally.
- Add cooked chicken and cooked for additional minute.
- Garnish with any or all of the suggested toppings.
How to Make Tortilla Chips as Toppings?
No bowl of soup is complete without some tasty toppings to add more flavors and textures. To make the tortilla strips, cut several corn tortillas into thin, 1-inch pieces. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it’s hot but not smoking. Fry the tortilla strips in batches for about two minutes, or until they turn golden brown and crispy. Drain them on a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with salt.
Next, top your soup with the crispy tortilla strips, diced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. These toppings perfectly complement the hearty and savory flavors of chicken tortilla soup!