Inspired by Allrecipes.com/chili-corn-carne
- 5 tablespoons cooking oil (I prefer olive oil)
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 1 chili pepper (chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 lbs ground beef (lean)
- 10-15 ripe tomatoes (chopped) or 3 cans of whole peeled tomatoes with liquid
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon of Mexene chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 (15.25 ounce) cans red kidney beans (or if you prefer Anasazi beans or pinto beans - click here)
- Saute onion, chile pepper, and garlic in the oil over medium heat. Add ground beef: cook and stir until meat is browned.
- Add tomatoes with liquid, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cinnamon sticks, and cloves. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Put kidney beans (could be cooked Anasazi or pinto), and cook another 15 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks before serving.